Acrylics with a Palette Knife *NEW TUTOR*
Start Date: 03 November 2018
Time: 10:00am - 4.00pm
With: Tim Fisher
Join well known professional artist Tim Fisher for this unique workshop focusing on the art of palette knife painting with acrylics. Tim will show you how to add vibrancy and looseness to your acrylic paintings, whilst exploring exciting techniques such as masking, applying paint with sponges and discovering the numerous techniques that can be created using just a palette knife. The day will consist of a series of short demonstrations and plenty one-to-one tuition.
What to bring:
- Surfaces: Tim enjoys working on picture framer’s mount-card, off-cuts of which can often be scrounged for free. Bring a couple of sheets for the main painting which should be approx 18” x 16” Alternatively, thick, strong white card, Hot pressed watercolour paper, canvas board or gessoed MDF can be substituted. (note; there is no need to carry out any pre-preparation on the surface of picture framer’s mount-card).
- Brushes: An assortment of acrylic brushes – Tim mostly uses a flat nylon ¾” brush, plus a small round size 4 nylon brush that points well for any fine detail work
- Palette Knife: Tim generally only uses a 5cm long tear drop blade knife with a cranked handle – click to see this type of palette knife.
- Paint: Bring whatever acrylic paints you have, but be aware student colours covering power is weak so Mars Black and Titanium White are essential. Try to get a bright red, blue and yellow – Cadmium Red Hue, Cadmium Yellow Light Hue, Cerulean Blue, plus an earth colour, Yellow Ochre or Raw Sienna, and a Light Violet also comes in very useful. Tim will also have a selection of Sennelier colours available to purchase on the day
- 1″ masking tape
- Disposable tear off palette or a couple of pieces of A4 card for mixing on
- Plain white kitchen roll
- Black ink (acrylic or Indian)
- Spray atomiser
- A car sponge (not a washing up sponge or natural sponge)
Note: The studio will supply easels & drawing boards
Tea, coffee & biscuits supplied, but please bring a packed lunch
Book Your Spot
To book a place on this workshop or for further details please contact Val during studio opening hours.
Payments can be made in one of the following ways:
BACS: Sort Code 20-73-26, A/C Number: 53446751
Credit/Debit Card: either face-to-face, or by phone 01223 833 064
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN 21 DAYS PRIOR TO THE WORKSHOP. CLICK HERE FOR BOOKING CONDITIONS.